Environmentally Responsible Cleaning with Dry Ice
The environmental choice for industrial strength cleaning in Commercial or Residential Applications
Instead of using hard abrasive media to grind on a surface (and damage it), dry ice cleaning uses soft dry ice, accelerated to supersonic speeds, to lift the undesirable contaminant off the underlying substrat.
Dry ice cleaning has many unique and superior benefits over traditional blasting media. Contact ServiceMaster All Care for your dry ice cleaning needs.
Some important facts about dry ice cleaning:
- is a non-abrasive, nonflammable and nonconductive cleaning method
- is environmentally-friendly and leaves no chemical residue or grit media
- is clean and approved for the food industry
- allows most items to be cleaned in place without time- consuming disassembly
- can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards
- it disinfects and can be used to sterilize equipment
- can be used to remove production residues, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils and biofilms
- can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
- can be used for many general cleaning applications
Dry ice cleaning uses compressed air to accelerate frozen carbon dioxide (CO2) "dry ice" pellets to a high velocity.
A compressed air supply of 80 PSI/50 scfm can be used in this process.
Dry ice pellets can be made on-site or supplied. Pellets are made from food grade carbon dioxide that has been specifically approved by the FDA, the EPA and the USDA.
Contact us today at 408-885-0280 to learn more.